Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Fear

Fear is a pretty tricky thing. I think it is the source of how I have lived my life for who knows how long. The "What If" syndrome is debilitating and really prevents me from living life to the fullest.
Someone once asked, "If you had three wishes, what would they be?" Others wanted money, talent, bigger boobs.....

But when it boils down to it, I wish for this:
1. Confidence
Really if I had this, I would be able to do anything. There are very few things I feel confident in.
2. No Fear/Faith
Ok so I am kinda cheating here but wouldn't you say this is connected?
3. Humility
After I believe I can conquer the world, I would only want to fear God and thank Him for all the confidence he gave me =).

Yeah I want bigger boobs too but if I had true confidence, I wouldn't need that. I want to be an amazing singer, but without confidence; I wouldn't believe I was an amazing singer (maybe I don't now). Ah yes, the money factor. Well I believe that money would erase all of our 'problems.' This ultimately is a lie and if you don't believe me, you need to watch "The Curse of Lottery Winners." Although I would love to stay home with my little one. However, who's to say fear isn't keeping me from that even right now? Who knows.

I truly believe that we don't have all these things so that we can choose to trust God. To build our faith through this thing called life. Faith and trusting is not easy.....I have not arrived when it comes to that. Wonder if that will ever happen. It just might be the thing that we will forever strive to have. No fear....faith......freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment