Thursday, August 13, 2009

Truth Be Told

It is super easy now to tell people that I am in counseling. Well of course, dealing with what we went through, it makes sense. But Truth Be Told, I was in counseling before our loss. I started going November 2008. I was ashamed, embarrassed and I felt that I wasn't a 'good enough' Christian that I couldn't do it on my own. We should be able to pray and have a great relationship with God that we can do all things through Him right? Ok, so that is a lie and I am fully aware of it now.
I began to see my counselor because I was dealing with being a working mom. It was a rather difficult transition for me and the reality is that it just magnified what I was able to mask for so long. I couldn't keep the lid on the boiling pot anymore and wanted to finally face my issues. I knew that it would help me become a better wife, mother and ultimately better for me.
So there you have it...........I'm broken........... Truth Be Told, so are you.

1 comment:

  1. I think it should be mandatory for EVERYONE to go to counseling at least once in their lives. Even and ESPECIALLY (surprise, surprise!) Christians! Thanks for sharing girlfriend! I learned stuff I never would have by going to counseling.

    ReplyDelete