Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Dare I Say.....

Dare I say I am laughing more? I mean really laughing. Laughing at my daughter, Jerry and just life in general. Didn't think that would ever happen again. Feels great.

So a death like this can jack up your thoughts on your relationship with God. For instance, prayer. Really I pray what I WANT God to do. I mean I say "whatever you will", but come on....we really don't mean that. Especially when you can't even fathom what His will was in situations like this.

I also automatically think that I have done something wrong. Like not have consistent quality 'quiet times' with Him. I know, I know, it isn't true. But, it is a natural reaction.

So this is funny, I accidentally stole some baby wipes the other day. Yeah they were under my basket and I forgot to put them up to have them checked at the register. When I got to the car, and strapped K in, I realized I forgot to buy them. Well being a good Christian that I am, I didn't go back in, I put them in my car and went home. I then was hoping that I wouldn't get struck by lightning all the way home! Well I didn't and to be honest with you, I don't regret taking them for a second! Sometimes it's good to be bad! I'm happy to report that I don't have a new desire for stealing....it really was an accident! Just another lesson in life! It can be the little things that teach you big things about God.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that stores build in accidental "stealing" to their existing prices? So in reality, you already paid for it with all the other things you bought!

    ReplyDelete