As we grow to fall deeper in love with our daughter, I can't believe how much of a blessing she is. Yet we still grow and grieve in our loss as well.
So.....this last weekend, I was singing at Inland Hills. I got the email that stated the set list. As I'm sure you can suspect, Blessed Be Your Name was on it. I laughed out loud. Of course, how am I supposed to get through this? This further intensified when at rehearsal I found out that I was to sing the first part of this song solo. I immediately wanted to decline but knew that this was no accident. Added to this was the fact that the worship leader was going to speak in the middle of the song about how easy it is to praise God when He gives, but when he takes away is when we must CHOSE to praise Him. Ok really?!? This is too close to home for me.
With many do-overs and really wondering if I could do this, I had to completely surrender to God and have Him use me in my brokenness. I wanted an out but knew that I couldn't take it. This was designed for me. I still haven't made it through that song without shedding a tear but I am OK with that. I shared this with the worship leader; "It is what it is." So thank you God for getting me through it and I can't believe I am saying this but, thank you for the opportunity to lean completely on you.
Blessed Be Your Name
Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name
Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name
Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name
Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name
You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name
and I have to say...as one sitting in the audience that morning.....knowing what that song meant to you guys.....you were GREAT! I know most of the stuff I send your way is usually ornery but seeing you sing the solo part and the whole song was inspiring! God was smiling a HUGE SMILE and repeating his own words from Matthew 25:23.....well done indeed.
ReplyDelete