Sitting in a sermon, I heard this quote. Tears streamed down my face as it hit me. So hard, so true....
"Most people can look back over the years and identify a time and place at which their lives changed significantly. Whether by accident or design, these are the moments when, because of a readiness within us and collaboration with events occurring around us, we are forced to seriously reappraise ourselves and the conditions under which we live to make certain choices that will affect the rest of our lives."
-Choice, by Fredric Flach
Oh my. I don't quire know why it hit so hard. Maybe because I know that I had one of those moments. That what I do from here will determine so much of my life.
I also know that so much of how I respond is a choice. Whether to seek help, count my blessings, and realize that it is a long journey.......I must choose. Choosing anything else will not fulfill. It will only stall any progress, growth or hope that I have. Choosing God through it all isn't always easy. After all, He allowed it....it was His will. I have to choose to believe He protected me through this and that this will is somehow, someway making me better. If I don't believe this, choose to believe.....I have no hope, no rock to hold me up....no foundation. I must choose to have a relationship with Him. Choose to forgive myself and stop trying so hard to be 'better' because I can't. I can just be me. I think that is enough. I must choose to be enough.....that is enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment