Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Now that I have a baby.....

Well just as I thought, having a baby is the greatest miracle on this earth. I was completely relieved when I got to hold my beautiful daughter with no complications. I feared the baby's loss all the way till the end. But God blessed us with Piper Jeryn Motto. She is a precious angel.

Funny enough, even though I got this amazing gift, it still didn't cover up the loss that we have experienced. Most want to know how we are doing with the fact that we have a girl and not a boy. Well, I was so happy when they said, "It's a Girl!" I think making it a surprise really made it not matter. After all the labor (and false labor), I was so relieved to have it over with! Jer and I often talk about the fact that having a girl makes us miss our son that much more. I don't think of Piper being a boy, I think of what life would have been like if Jerin had lived. But....if Jerin did live, we wouldn't have Piper. That is a weird thought! I would never want to live life without Piper. Selfishly I did think that God owes me. Yeah sometimes I would think He owes me a boy. Then He would owe me a easy labor, or one without being induced. But really, I am owed nothing. In the end I did 'expect' Him to come through with a healthy baby. He did come through with that! Thank you God.

I believe that God certainly designed it this way. We were absolutely meant to have a girl. We aren't planning on having anymore kids, I have been pregnant and delivered every year for the last three years. We also aren't guaranteed a boy and I don't think I can do three girls! Lol!
I also don't want to replace or try and fulfill a hole that will never be filled. I'm ok with that.

As far as the fear goes, well it still transfers over to other areas. It hasn't gone away. I fear Piper will die in the night or that MarKay will catch some horrible disease.....it's just a mom thing and a faith thing.

The birth of my daughter is not the 'end' of the journey that I am on, but it is an amazing high and blessing that I am so grateful for along the way. I imagine a journey with many mountains and valleys. The funny thing about a mountain is that you have to climb it to get to the top. That isn't always easy but certainly always rewarding. The valley is a downhill road and very easy to find ourselves in. But we are the only ones who can climb out of the valley. I always thought I would never find myself in the valley if I was a really good Christian. This is the biggest lie I believed. We will all find ourselves in the valley no matter what. I also felt that it was wrong to be mad at God, another lie that I am just now embracing. I have spent so much time trying to fix my grief and anger. I thought that reading the Bible or praying harder would cure it. But my heart wasn't right, my mind was full of anger and bitterness. One of the biggest breakthroughs I have had with my relationship with God is that it is ok to be mad. I haven't had a "quiet time" in I don't know how long, but I'm ok with that. You know what.....God is ok with it too. Authentic, authentic, authentic.....that is what I want to be. God knows when I'm not being authentic so why try to hide it? When I am ready to spend time again with God, it will be for real.

Many of you have traveled this road with us, whether it is secretly following my blog and saying a prayer that I will never know about; or crying along with me every step of the way. Either way, I thank you for your support and prayers. Please continue to say those silent or screaming prayers for us. I believe we are meant to live life together. I hope that I am a better friend and family member after this journey. I want to be with you through this thing called life. Thank you God for helping me do that. I love you all....

1 comment:

  1. Erin, you seriously are amazing. Thank you so much for your honesty. You are so right about how it IS ok to be mad, it is okay to get angry, it is okay to be sad, grieving, and it's okay to be joyful at the same time! If we weren't all those things, we wouldn't have a reason to run to our Lord Jesus! I love and adore you Erin. I will continue to whisper and scream prayers for you and your beautiful family. Bless you lovey. Mandi

    ReplyDelete